Pole Vault Gymnastics Summer Series
Date(s) - 06/13/15 - 07/18/15
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Pole Vault Gymnastics Summer Session starting June 13th, 2015
This will be our summer session of Pole Vault Gymnastics. Saturday June 13, 2015 is the start and will end on July 18, 2015. $20 one time insurance charge per year and $20 per session. Come and join us for some much needed gymnastics over summer. Next session will be in the Late fall and winter prior to season starting.
Jump rope and core training
- Stretching for pole vault
- Basic tumbling:
- Stoop walks
- Forward roll straight jump, tuck jump, straddle jump, full twist.
- Stalter forward rolls (advanced stalter to handstand)
- Handstand forward roll (straight arms)
- Handstand walks
- Back extension rolls
- Straight arm back extension rolls
- Straight arm back extension roll half turn
- Straight arm back extension roll hops over a bungee
Pole Vault Specific Gymnastics:
- Rock back drills
- Getting inverted drills
- Swinging form your hands NOT your hips
- Shoots (Advanced)
- Giants (Advanced)
These drills will concentrate on developing FULL inverted extension next to the pole.
- Swings (Swing to handstand)
- Basket swings
- Peach Drills (Peach to handstand Advanced drill)
- Moy swing drills
These drills will concentrate on developing Open shouldered angles.
- Pull overs
- Back hip circles
- Free hip circles
- Free hip circle to handstand
- Free hip circle ½ turn to handstand
These drills will develop energy transfer from take-off, through the swing phase, to the inversion of the pole.
Pole vault gymnastics will concentrate on the following:
- Take off position
- Open shoulder angle
- Proper head position
- Energy transfer
- Core strength and stability
- Kinesthetic awareness ( knowing where our body is in space) (kinesthetic. The definition of kinesthetic relates to learning through feeling such as a sense of body position, muscle movement and weight as felt through nerve endings. An example of kinesthetic is the nature of a workout in gym class.)
- Proper posture
- Body Control
Bookings are closed for this event.